TERM & CONDITIONS
- Forever GH5 is a Project run by HKFilm & Panasonic (“Project”, “We”, “Us” or “Our”) which invites people of all ages to pitch to create a video that includes all the requirements as explained in “The Pitch” section. By submitting Your Pitch and all related documentation to the Project (the “Pitch”) you (“You” or “Your”) are accepting these terms and conditions and any specific rules including the Project’s Editorial Guidelines entry instructions and other details relating to this Project or to the prizes published on this website or in any media which features this Project (together the “Rules”).
- Registrations of interest will open from 02nd Oct 2017 and will close on the 23rd Oct 2017. Registrations can be made at http://gh5.vindie.vn/. Late registrations may be accepted at the discretion of Us and can be made by emailing email@example.com.
- The Project is comprised of 2 rounds. The 1st Round requires teams to pitch their ideas for the chance to win a budget of between 15 to 25 million VND (managed by the producers HKFILM) to produce their ideas in the 2nd
- We reserve the right to amend the Rules at any time.
ENTERING THE PROJECT
- To enter the Project, there are 2 steps. You must register Your Cinematographer name and contact details, Assistant name and contact details.
- Entrants should have some experience in writing, shoot and editing Short Films and Wedding Videos.
- The Project is open to cinematographer resident in Vietnam only (including foreigners who are living in Vietnam). However, the Project and events will take place in Ho Chi Minh City. Teams from outside Ho Chi Minh City can participate, but if the team winning the top prize wins is from outside Ho Chi Minh City, they will need to travel to Ho Chi Minh City to produce the video. Teams outside Ho Chi Minh City will have to cover the costs of transportation and accommodation themselves.
- The Cinematographer must fill in the Agreement available at the launch event.
- By entering this Project, you allow Us to have sole rights to your products without limitations.
- By entering this Project and taking part in the activities forming the prize, You agree to take part in or co-operate with a reasonable amount of publicity or other promotional activity on behalf of Us and agree that We may publish Your names and home town and any photographs, videos and/or recordings made by Us and featuring You and/or Your team.
- By entering in the Project, you agree to allow Us to contact you for future information, news or activities. Your information will not be passed on to any third parties without the written permission of either the Entrant/s or their parent or legal guardian if under 18.
- The Project is not open to employees or contractors of HKFilm, Panasonic, or any person directly or indirectly involved in the organization or running of the Project or their family members.
- We reserve the right to verify the eligibility of entrants.
- No Entries (and/or documents) will be returned. USB drives will be available for pickup at the Awards Party. We are not responsible for any lost or damaged USB drives, or media/files that are contained on them.
- If You have any questions about the Project, please call us at 091.104.4800 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your Pitch proposal for Round 1 must include the following required items:
- A description of the 2-5 min video to be made including:
- Cast (including actor/actress names, bios& photos)
- Required Equipment list
- Cinematographer’s Wedding Show reel.
- Budget file (made from template).
- A description of the 2-5 min video to be made including:
- Your materials for Round 2 must include the following required items:
- A full 2-5 minutes video clip following the approved content (“Video”)
- A demo version of 1-2 minutes (using best clips)
- All release and production forms
- A (few) Behind-the-scene videos
- A (few) Reflection videos
Note: Your video must be between 02-05 minute in length (including titles and credits).
- Videosfrom round 2 should also include all the required elements as per the briefing.
- Videos must comply with the Rules and the Project Editorial Guidelines. Videos will not be accepted if they include any excessive abusive, violent, offensive, bullying, harmful, insulting or inappropriate material and must not contain strong language orfull nudity.
- All round 2 requirements have to be submitted on time. If the team fails to do so, they will be liable to return the full amount of the budget spent during production.
- The Video must be submitted before or on the day of the submission event to be eligible for judging at the Project Showcase. Submitting after this will disqualify you from the official judging.
- By submitting the Video to theProject, You agree to have Your Video shown on the Screening Website and commented on by users. The Video may also be displayed on other social networking sites and the Project exhibition platforms (including Panasonic TVs in various locations around Vietnam) without limitation.
- By submitting a Video, Entrants declare that they have obtained all required permissions and clearances with regards to music, sound and/or images and any other creative work presented in the Video.
- All content including Supporting Documentation and Video must be Your own work, must not be copied, must not contain any third-party materials and/or content that You do not have permission to use and must not infringe on any copyrights. By submitting an Entry, Entrant agrees to the Official Rules, and further agrees to indemnify and hold Us, Project Parties and their respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders or other partners, and any of their employees (collectively, the “ProjectIndemnitees”), harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the ProjectIndemnitees due to or arising out of the Entrant’s Entry materials in this Project, or the Entrant’s conduct during and in connection with this Project, including but not limited to trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property rights, right of publicity, right of privacy or defamation. Entrant agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless Us and the Project Parties from any and all claims that any advertising, presentation, web content or any other material subsequently produced, presented, and/or prepared by or on behalf of Us or the Project Parties infringes on the rights of Entrant’s work as contained in any Entry. Videos must not be obscene, defamatory or in breach of any applicable legislation or regulations. If We have reason to believe Your entry is not Your own work or otherwise breaches this clause 3, then We may not consider it.
- Given the costly and time-consuming nature of clearing commercial music, we recommend Entrants use original and/or library, non-commercial music in their Videos, providing in all cases that any music has been cleared for use in this way by the Music Release Form. Participating groups are encouraged to work with a local composer and/or musicians to write and record music for the Teasers/Videos.
- Entrants should ensure that all clearances in the Video allow for its use in all known media, throughout the world in perpetuity to avoid clearance issues. All external media, locations, materials and actors featured in the Video must be cleared using the appropriate Release forms.
- Teasers/Videos should not contain any visuals or verbal references to any commercial brands, including large brand names on T-shirts, caps and other items of clothing that may not be allowed to be screened on Internet/TV. If You are unsure about any conflicts, please contact Ourorganizing committee immediately to confirm your issue.
- A collection of the ProjectVideoswill be chosen to screen at various future Panasonic promotional events or on Panasonic Website. By taking part in the Project, you are agreeing for Your Video to be publicly screened or broadcasted by HKFilm and Panasonicas required.
ONLINE SCREENING & VOTING
- In addition to the main awards, all videos submitted by the Deadline will also be eligible to win additional ‘Audience Favorite’ awards.
- There may be addition rules and conditions added to the online voting, and these will become available on the screening site and will emailed to all teams before the voting begins.
- After the Deadline has passed, the pitcheswill then be processed by Us and a shortlist (the “Shortlist”) will be produced from all entries received.
- The Shortlist will then be reviewed by a group (which may include representatives from the Film industry, festival programmers, UsandSponsors) (the “Nominations’ Jury”). After reviewing the Shortlist, the Nominations’ Jury will vote on which of the shortlisted pitches should receive funding to re-make the videos in Round 2. Then, Nominations’ Jury will vote on which of the re-make Shortlist will receive the nominations for the awards (the “Awards’ Nominations”).
- Pitches of Round 1 will be judged by a process in which qualified Nominations’ Jury will evaluate the eligible entries based on the following judging criteria:
- Quality of the pitching documents (50%)
- Technical Overview (eg. Cinematography, Lighting, Editing, Graphics) (50%)
- Videos of Round 2 will be judged by a process in which qualified Nominations’ Jury will evaluate the eligible entries based on the following judging criteria:
- Technical Quality (eg. Cinematography, Lighting, Editing, Graphics) (60%)
- Creativity (e.g. Storyline, Originality, Mise-en-Scene) (30%)
- Submission of Required Documents (10%)
- In the event of a tie, the tie will be broken based on the highest score in the first Judging Criteria, continuing thereafter to each Judging Criteria in order, as needed to break the tie.
- The Awards’ Nominations will be the judged by the Nominations’ Jury and an awards jury containing Film/Video industry experts and celebrities (the “Awards’ Jury”). Details of the latest judges on the Awards Jury will be found on the Project website when available.
- The decisions of the Nominations’ Jury and Awards’ Jury are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Nominees for awards will be informed in good time before the Final Announcement once the final nominations have been confirmed by the Awards’ Jury. Nominees of any awards may be required to provide follow-up documentation to show that all relevant clearances are in place before being officially nominated.
- Nominees of awards may be required to take part in reasonable publicity activities after the announcement of their award on behalf of Us.
- Winners of awards agree to be filmed, photographed or recorded and grant Us, free of charge, the right to publish the winning Video in part or in its entirety, footage, photographs or audio online and in all media as required for the purposes of promoting the Project and We may edit, adapt, translate or remove the Video at any time.
- All nominated and winning Videos/Pitches will be kept by Us and made available to (amongst others) private showings to industry professionals, production companies, agents, distributors and exhibitors, and may feature in public screenings in all known media anywhere in the world at any time.
- Details of the winners can be obtained by sending a request by email to Us at email@example.com
- The main prize for the Project is a GH5 Camera Body (valued at 47 million VND) and the opportunity to screen your product on all Panasonic Lumix media channels with the possibility of being screen on Panasonic 4K TV sets in stores around Vietnam. (Subject to video quality.)
- All Cash prizes will be available at the HKFILM office within 30 days of the completion of the Awards Ceremony and are subject to local taxes and any other relevant charges as per Vietnamese law. If an award are not claimed within this period, it will be withdrawn.
- Prizes will be listed on the Project website, and are subject to change. We may add or withdraw prizes at any time during the Project. In the event of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances outside our control, We may offer an alternative prize of equal value.
- Prizes cannot be exchanged or transferred by You and cannot be redeemed by You for cash or any other prizes. You must pay all other costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize.
USER GENERATED CONTENT (USG) TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- You will retain legal ownership in Your Project entry but that You grant to Us and its successors a non-exclusive, worldwide, sub-licensable, royalty-free and perpetual license to use Your Project entry [in all media now and later known] and any other material and/or information submitted with Your entry or otherwise provided by You including Your name, age and town or city of residence for the sole purpose of identifying You as the author of Your Project entry (together “Your UGC”).
- Our right to use Your UGC includes the right to copy, reproduce, modify, adapt, and otherwise communicate it to the public, including via our website and publicity materials, but for the avoidance of doubt we shall not sell or commercially exploit Your UGC without Your consent.
- The UGC Terms include provisions in which You warrant that:
- Your UGC does not infringe any copyright, right of privacy or any other third-party rights and does not contain anything that is defamatory, obscene or otherwise offensive; and
- You own the copyright to Your UGC as its author and represent and warrant that You have (and will continue to have during the duration of the Project) all necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions We needs to use Your UGC and You will provide evidence of such on our reasonable request;
- Your UGC is Your own original work, that it is not defamatory, obscene and that it shall not infringe any third party rights including, without limitation, privacy and You will provide evidence of such on our reasonable request.
- We reserve the right not to [publish] or to cease to [publish] Your Video for any or no reason including, without limitation, if we deem that Your entry is in breach of any law or regulation or otherwise may create a liability for Us.
OTHER LEGAL CONDITIONS
- In the event of a Video being nominated and/or winning an award, Entrants may be asked to sign a witness statement confirming that their Video is an original piece of work and that the Entrant holds all legal rights within the Video. Failure to respond to such a request within 7 days or provision of false information may result in disqualification from the Project and an alternate winner may be selected. Such statements of winners under 18 years of age at the time of award must be countersigned by a parent or legal guardian. All such statements will be subject to verification by Us.
- We take no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any reason.
- We accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by any person as a result of entering the Project or accepting any prize. We further accepts no liability for any injury or damage to Your, nor any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading or uploading any materials in connection with the Project.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Us resulting from any user’s participation in or attempt to participate in the Project or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with participating in the Project. No responsibility or liability is assumed by Us or Project Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Project: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any e-mail transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted e-mail transmissions; inaccessibility of the Web Site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the Web Site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Project, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Project, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Project. We are not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Web Site. Use of Web Site is at user’s own risk. We are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user’s or any other person’s computer equipment resulting from participation in the Project, use of the Web Site or the download of any information from the Web Site. By participating in the Project, Entrant agrees to release, indemnify and hold Us harmless from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such Entrant’s participation in the Project.
- The Project will be governed by Vietnamese law. You irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that country.
- The Organizer of the Project is HKFilm and any complaints regarding the Project should be sent to the following addresses: Ross Stewart (EN) firstname.lastname@example.org or Kate (VN) email@example.com